Sep 6, 2012

Around the House

It is always fun finding new treasures for around the house. This weekend my girlfriend and I hit up the St. Lawrence Market and found some really fun pieces(at amazing prices). For me it is a simple things like a bouquet of flowers that will completely restyle a room, by adding new items like the ones above I was able to rethink and restyle my spaces once again. This weekend I found a lucite candle holder, I am always drawn to vintage lucite pieces so I was very excited about this find. Sometimes when I am not feeling content with my surroundings I pull everything out from where they are and I place everything on my dining room table. I arrange it, and then I shop it(I think Nate Berkus enlightened me to this idea- it works, try it!). This allows me to have a fresh perspective on the space, and while I have the opportunity I like to experiment and see what my options are in terms of styling, furniture placement etc.
Picture of my "shop" before I restyled everything
 Here are some shots of our living/dining area, it is hard to be a decorator and decorate for yourself. When I am working with someone else I take in their interests and then I try and block everything else out. Unfortunately with me I love experimenting so sometimes the process of finding what I like takes a little longer, and I like more so it is a balancing act!

What is your favorite way to freshen up your space??

Laura Collins Design will provide you with insight and guidance on how you can turn your home or office into a stylish reflection of your unique personality. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing the different design services I offer.

Always Stay Graceful,

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo